- Course providers set requirements as a guide to the kind of grades and qualifications that you need.
- Depending on the course you intend to study, you may asked to pass an admissions test, for example;
- Law- Cambridge Law Test, LNAT
- Mathematics - MAT, STEP
- Medical courses - BMAT, GAMSAT, HPAT, UKCAT
- Thinking Skills Assessment - TSA Cambridge, TSA Oxford, TSA UCL
- University of Cambridge - BMAT, MML, STEP, TSA Cambridge, Cambridge Law Test
- University of Oxford - BMAT, CAT, ELAT, HAT, LNAT, MAT, MLAT, PAT, TSA Oxford
- To apply to join a UK university for undergraduate study, begin at the UCAS website.
- Search for courses on the site and apply. UCAS (Universities & Colleges Admissions Service) is a charitable organisation responsible for managing applications to almost all UK Universities. They can also assist with postgraduate applications.
Tips and Warnings
- You can track your application using the UCAS website.
- International students must also pass a UK Border Agency English test in order to receive a student visa.
- You must be able to demonstrate to the UK Border Agency that you or your sponsor can afford to pay your tuition and accommodation fees.
- In some cases, the UK Border Agency may deny you a visa if they suspect your intention is to emigrate to the UK or in cases where they feel your degree choice is available at a similar quality level locally.