To check your Okoa Jahazi balance, dial *144*4# from your mobile phone.
You will get a text message with details of your airtime balance.
Tips & Warnings
- Your balance must be below KES 2 for you to borrow.
- You can use the airtime to call and sms other networks as well as browse the Internet.
- The borrowed airtime is deducted the next time you top-up
- The amount advanced must be equivalent to the amount of airtime used over the last seven days
- Okoa Jahazi is not transferable via the popular Sambaza service.
- You must repay any borrowed airtime within 3 days (72 hours) otherwise you will be locked out of the Okoa Jahazi service for 14 days.
- You cannot borrow when you have an outstanding balance.
- The service is not available to PostPaid subscribers.