InstructionsIn order to pay for your M-Shwari loan, the funds must be in your M-Pesa account. DO NOT deposit the funds into M-Shwari if your intention is to pay the loan. Load money to your M-Pesa account then in M-Pesa menu, select 'M-Shwari' and navigate to 'Pay Loan'. Enter the loan amount you with to repay and send. You will receive a confirmation message.
Tips & Warnings
- To find out how much you can borrow, dial *234*6#.
- The minimum amount you can borrow is KES 100 and the maximum is KES 20, 000.
- Each loan attracts a one-time levy of 7.5%
- You must have been an M-Pesa subscriber for six months and your voice, data services must have been active over that period.
- Each loan is repayable within 30 days. Failure to repay within this time attracts a roll-over fee.
- The product is a banking product and CBA can report you to Credit Rating Agencies in the event of default. You must repay the loan within 60 days.
- See the image below on how to activate M-Shwari