What You Need To Replace a Lost Kenyan Identity Card
To replace a lost ID card, you will need to have the following:
- A police abstract from any police station in Kenya. To get an abstract, you need to report the loss of the identity card to a police station.
- Your lost ID number or a copy of the lost ID
- A passport size photograph that was taken against a white background
- KES 20 for payment
- Visit the nearest Registrar of Persons Center in Kenya. Every County in Kenya has at least one. Alternatively, you can visit any Huduma Center countrywide. The following Huduma Centers are currently operational with more being added:
|Baringo||North Rift Region||County Commissioner Office, Kabarnet Town|
|Bungoma County||Western Region||Post Office, Moi Avenue Road, Bungoma Town|
|Busia County||Western Region||Post Office, Opposite Government Offices|
|Embu County||Eastern Region||Post Office, Next to County Commissioner's Office, Meru-Nairobi Highway, Embu Town|
|Garissa||Northern Region||County Commissioner Office,Garissa Town|
|Homabay||Western Region||County Commissioner Office, Next to County Assembly|
|Isiolo County||Eastern Region||Post Office, Hospital Road, Off Isiolo-Marsabit Highway|
|Kajiado County||Central & South Rift||Post Office, Nairobi-Namanga Highway|
|Kakamega County||Western Region||Post Office, Kakamega-Kisumu Highway|
|Kericho||Central & South Rift||Ardhi House, Temple Street, Kericho Town|
|Kiambu County||Nairobi and Central Region||Assistant County Commissioner Office (DO),Opposite Thika Stadium, Thika Town|
|Kilifi||Coast Region||County Commisioner Office, Kilifi Town|
|Kirinyaga||Central Region||County Commissioner, Kerugoya Town|
|Kisii County||Western Region||Post Office, Kisii-Migori Road, Kisii Town|
|Kisumu County||Western Region||Former PC Office, Prosperity House, Next to Central Bank|
|Kitui County||Eastern Region||Post Office, Opposite Catholic Church, Kitui Town|
|Kwale County||Coast Region||Kwale-Kinango Road, Opposite National Police Service|
|Laikipia County||Central & South Rift||County Commissioner Office, Nanyuki Town|
|Lamu||Coast Region||Old Jetty, Next to County Commissioner Office, Kenyatta Road|
|Machakos County||Eastern Region||Post Office, Opposite Cathedral Church,Machakos|
|Makueni County||Eastern Region||Post Office, Next to County Commissioner Office,Wote|
|Marsabit||Eastern Region||Post Office, Post Office Road, Marsabit Town|
|Meru County||Eastern Region||Post Office, Opposite County Commissioner Office, Meru-Makutano Highway, Meru Town|
|Migori County||Western Region||County Commissioners Office, Migori Town|
|Mombasa County||Coast Region||General Post Office, Opposite Safaricom Customercare, Digo Road, Mombasa|
|Muranga County||Central Region||County Commissioners Office, Muranga Town|
|Nairobi City County||Nairobi and Central Region||Huduma GPO: Teleposta Building, Kenyatta Avenue.|
|Nairobi City County||Nairobi and Central Region||Huduma City Square: Haile Selassie, Next to Technical University of Kenya|
|Nairobi City County||Nairobi and Central Region||Huduma Eastleigh: Eastleigh Eleventh Street|
|Nairobi City County||Nairobi and Central Region||Huduma Kibra: County Commissioner''s Office, Kibera Drive|
|Nairobi City County||Nairobi and Central Region||Huduma Makadara: City County Offices- Eastlands Revenue Building, Off Jogoo Road, Next to DC Makadara|
|Nakuru County||Central & South Rift||General Post Office, Next to Merica Hotel, Kenyatta Avenue|
|Nandi||North Rift Region||Post Office, Kapsabet Town|
|Narok County||Central & Rift Region||Post Office, Olerorat House,Narok Town, Narok-Nairobi Highway|
|Nyamira County||Western Region||Post Office, Konate-Nyamira Road|
|Nyandarua County||Nairobi and Central Region||County Commissioner's Office, Olkalau Township|
|Nyeri County||Nairobi and Central Region||Former Provincial Commissioner's Office, Nyeri Town|
|Samburu||North Rift Region||General Post Office, Maralal|
|Siaya County||Western Region||Post Office, Kisumu-Busia Highway. Opposite KCB|
|Taita -Taveta County||Coast Region||CDF Office, Wundanyi|
|Tharaka Nithi||Eastern Region||County Commissioner Office, Chuka Town|
|Trans Nzoia County||North Rift Region||Kitale Post Office, Mak-Asembo Road|
|Turkana County||North Rift Region||County Commissioner's Office, Lodwar|
|Uasin Gishu County||North Rift Region||Post Office, Eldoret-Kitale Road, Eldoret Town|
|Wajir County||Northern Region||County Commissioner's Office, Next to County Assembly, Wajir|
- Inform the registration officials that you would like to replace a lost identity card. You will be directed to the appropriate queue.
- Present all the documents above.
- Fill in the application form presented to you.
- Your fingerprints will be taken and you will be issued with a waiting card to collect your ready ID card replacement.
- Replacement ID cards are now issued in about two weeks.
Tips & Warnings
- If you don't have a passport photo, the registration officers can take a photo of you at the registration center at a cost of KES 100.
- You can check the status of your ID online at the website identity.go.ke though it seems to eternally suffer from downtime!
- You can also check the status of your application by sending the serial number of your waiting to the SMS number 20031. But take note this also doesn't always work as efficiently as it should.
Errand Services in Nairobi