What You Need To Replace a Lost Kenyan Identity Card
To replace a lost ID card, you will need to have the following:
- A police abstract from any police station in Kenya. To get an abstract, you need to report the loss of the identity card to a police station.
- Your lost ID number or a copy of the lost ID
- A passport size photograph taken against a white background
- KES 20 for payment
- Visit the nearest Registrar of Persons Center in Kenya. Every County in Kenya has at least one. Alternatively, you can visit any Huduma Center countrywide. The following Huduma Centers are currently operational with more being added:
|Nairobi||GPO, City Square - Haile Sellasie Avenue|
|Kisumu||Former PC office|
- Inform the registration officials that you would like to replace a lost identity card. You will be directed to the appropriate queue.
- Present all the documents above.
- Fill in the application form presented to you.
- Your fingerprints will be taken and you will be issued with a waiting card to collect your ready ID card replacement.
- Replacement ID cards are now issued in about two weeks.
Tips & Warnings
- If you don't have a passport photo, the registration officers can take a photo of you at the registration center at a cost of KES 100.
- You can check the status of your ID online at the website identity.go.ke though it seems to eternally suffer from downtime!
- You can also check the status of your application by sending the serial number of your waiting to the SMS number 20031. But take note this also doesn't always work as efficiently as it should.
Errand Services in Nairobi