This service is saving people lots of time. You no longer have to waste long hours in a queue to find out and pay your land rents. In fact, the Ministry of Lands is no longer accepting manual payments.
Option 1 - eCitizen
- Log into to eCitizen and sign up or sign in if you are already registered.
- Click on Ministry of Lands & Physical Planning and select Make Application.
- Next, Select Land Rent from the options available. There are currently two options under this menu, so choose what you want to do from:
- Land Rent Payment History
- Query and Pay Land Rent
- Next, enter your Title Number – e.g. NAIROBI/BLOCK123 and the parcel number – e.g. 321 which is found on the Certificate of Title.
- Fill in the online form and submit.
- Confirm all the details and proceed to pay using available payment options.
- Once payment has been confirmed, you have the option to print the results or simply leave the results in your eCitizen account.
Option 2 - Mobile Phone
- Begin by registering. Send the word ‘lands’ to the shortcode 21504.
- Once you get a confirmation, dial *512# to request amount due.
Tips & Warnings
- You can also perform a land search online, report missing land records and soon stamp duty will be payable online.
Ministry of Lands
Share on Whatsapp