Aberdare National ParkThe Aberdare National Park is undoubtedly the most well known of Nyeri's tourist attractions. Home to the world famous Aberdares Mountain Ranges, the park has a large variety of flora and fauna. Most notable of this is the African Elephant; huge herds roam the park. Visitors can take nature walks to enjoy a first hand experience.
Mount Kenya & Mount Kenya National ParkAfrica's second highest mountain is also more easily accessed from the Nyeri side. Mountain climbers can pitch tent within the park or stay in several lodges and hotels that operate within the park.
Other tourist attractions in Nyeri include:
- Tafaria Castle and Game Lodge - an elegant lodge built like a castle.
- Treetops - the hotel where Princess Elizabeth was declared Queen following the death of her father.
- Solio Ranch - a privately owned game ranch.
- Mau Mau Caves - Used by Kenya's freedom fighters, they are located in Narumoru forest, Solio Ranch and Game Sanctuary
- Lord Baden Powell Gardens and Scouts Information Center - the gravesite of the founder of the Kenya Scouts Movement and an information center. The legendary conservationist Jim Corbett is also buried here.
Share on Whatsapp