The Huduma card is the first government run prepaid debit card that allows citizens to make or receive payments. The card works using the secure chip and PIN technology. The card is MasterCard branded which makes it possible to withdraw money from thousands of MasterCard branded ATMs countrywide and overseas.
Advantages of the Huduma Card
- Convenience. You don't have to carry cash and you can pay for government/public services at Huduma Centres countrywide, government offices or online at eCitizen.
- Enjoy many features similar to typical bank accounts without associated fees
- No hidden charges.
- When you register for a Huduma Card with your local bank, you will automatically be registered as a member of NSSF, NHIF and acquire a KRA PIN number if you don't already have one.
Where to Apply
- Huduma Centre locations nationwide
- The four partner bank branches, namely;
- Commercial Bank of Africa (CBA)
- Diamond Trust Bank (DTB)
- Equity Bank
- Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB)
No credit check is required in order to apply for a Huduma Card.