Have you erroneously bought Safaricom airtime using Mpesa? Don't panic, there is a now a way you have such a transaction reversed in a few short minutes. And, the beauty of it is that you don't have to call the annoying 234 number that takes forever to connect you to a customer service representative.
- Get in touch with the Safaricom customer support team at their Facebook page here or via Twitter @Safaricom_Care. Post a message to the Facebook page or send out a tweet.
- Someone from the team will get back to you and reverse the transaction.
- Voila! that's it, the day is saved.
Tips & Warnings
- DO NOT use the airtime purchased by mistake because it won't be possible to reverse the transaction if you have used some airtime.
- If you need to reverse an Mpesa transaction i.e. where you have sent money to the wrong person, call 234 as fast as possible.